Pages

Black Men Cheaper than Sex Toys?


Guest Post: Lee Davis


Dear South America, WTF?
While taking an inspiration-seeking afternoon cruise on the net, I had the misfortune of running into this:

It's part of a self promo package (no pun intended... seriously) developed by Argentinian agency NNSS. The link I found was old, but the agency still has this work featured on the home page of their website (just scroll down a bit when you hit the page). They were/are trying to take advantage of favorable exchange rates between the Argentine peso and the US dollar, the Euro, and many Asian currencies. I guess the message is something like, "the same 60 euros that will ONLY buy you a blue dildo in Europe will buy you a well-hung black guy with a funny haircut in Argentina. What a bargain!" Nothing like a favorable exchange rate to make a brother more attractive to a global audience.


Seriously though—WTF? What potential client received this and thought, "THIS is the agency I've been waiting for!" I can think of soooo many people this could offend.


Sadly, I'm guessing the ROI has been favorable since, like I mentioned, NNSS has this campaign front and center on their site.



//
https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

6 comments:

Vee (Scratch) said...

The world is truly a strange place.

Anonymous said...

As delicious as the image on the right is, the ad is wrong on so many levels.

Tafari said...

Depending on the time of the month, I can be cheaper. Im just saying!

Ken Muench said...

Ah, the ugly truth about racism is that it's far more pronounced and rampant in Latin America then it is in the US. Bizarre. Most folks don't realize it, but the Black person is often seen only as a hyper-sexualized and dangerous caricature.

What makes it weirder, is that somehow folks think it's ok...

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I'm just speechless after looking at the photo.

Unknown said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
Sex toys for men