Pages

Martin meet Malcolm



These are two of my favorite people... ever. Can you tell, does it show? I've always wondered what they said during their initial meeting. They seem to be much more amicable than the press and the media of their day would have expected. Maybe reporters were hoping for some kinda civil rights cat-fight. They seem happy to meet and understand their almost agreed upon roles in the struggle. I love them so much that they may be making regular appearances around this here parts. https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

4 comments:

Ondo Lady said...

This is one of my favourite pictures as well along with the one with Tommy Smith and John Carlos raising their hands in the Black Power salute at the 68 Olympics. Fantastic images.

Craig said...

O.L. Oh yes! That tommy Smith & John Carlos shot is moving! It says so much.

Clyde Smith said...

It's a classic that I'm always happy to see.

Do you think VIBE would have emphasized the connection or the supposed beef?

Just saying...

Their positions on politics were really getting close towards the end. I believe that's part of why they were taken out. They would have been a powerhouse together. For the world.

Craig said...

Clyde, The fact that their views were merging towards the end is what amazes me the most. They would have made an incredible team. Yeah, for the world.