Pages

Black Moses Barbie



Freedom; accessories sold separately. This may be the most inventive and fearless comedic commercial spoofs I've seen in a while. This two spots and a proposed third were all done by Pierre Bennu and they work on so many levels. They were created to celebrate, deconstruct and re-envision images of people of color in commercial and pop culture. Well, this is the kind of re-invention I'd like to see a hell of a lot more of.

See a second spot after the bump.





cred:
Pierre Bennu
Seen @ Shadow & Act
https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

2 comments:

Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

Well Craig, I just don't know what to say. The intro music had me giggling, it's funny and clever at times, but I don't see this invoking much more than a few laughs. Perhaps that's all the spots are meant to do?

Unknown said...

Black-slave Ken looks like a product of miscegenation. hmmm