Pages

Comedy Central changes logo. Viewers still await return of Chappelle



Comedy Central has a new logo and a pseudo-panic ensues. Frankly who cares? Who are these people pretending to have really cared about that old logo. Which by the way, is not in this post intentionally. Because I wanted to you to close your eyes and try and remember what it looked like. Yeah it was in the vid above, but I guarantee you probably still can't fathom it. It's time to stop with the fake brand revolts. Did we really drink minute maid orange juice for its logo? I seriously doubt it. Did the new Pepsi logo cause a notable decrease in the earth's rotation velocity? Well, maybe, but that's one funny logo. But we got over it and life goes on.
But on to more pressing issues; where the hell is Dave Chappelle? I miss the side splitting laughter this man brought us nightly. Not that I don't enjoy the cute 'oh that was clever' chuckles I get from John Stewart. But C'mon thems just jokes. The brother on that network elevated comedy and created idioms. Like, "I'm Rick James... " & I'm Rich Bi... ,"I still wanna see black folks do that in advertising. I think the last person to do that Charles Stone III with them "Whassup" Bud ads.

Did Dave design this logo as a little get-back on Comedy Central? Maybe it's not a 'c" inside a "C" at all. Maybe, just, maybe it's a "D" with a little "c" inside. Oh, Dave... you kidder, good one buddy.


// https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

3 comments:

Melgmo Designs said...

Wow, thanx for the update! I've added your site to my blogroll. Hopefully you can do the same! Stop by the site to get info on Graphic Design and FREE website information.

Happy Blogging!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Yeah where is Dave? Maybe he should check out Oprah's Network?

Craig said...

Tonia, you know O said no 'b*tches" on her network. You know Dave punctuates every sentence with the word "B*tches!"