Pages

Industry trend: Zombies (are dead)

It's that time again to call out the copycats, the carbon copies & replicants & the droning clones. OK people it's time to stop with the ZOMBIES. We have seen enough. I understand around the Hallowed E'en we should expect a few, but damn, If I watch another one something is liable to fall off of me (hopefully my eyes). Ford Fiesta did it interesting a while back to a bit of industry fanfare. And then Starburst made the undead kinda funny. Alas, the 'concept' is officially dead, morte, dead, like Windows 7 on arrival.  I think we have seen more Zombies than we saw of bears last year and gnomes a few years ago. Here's a clue people, get a new meme! You're boring Zombies (back) to death.


But leave it to the Black folk to take it somewhere else. See the reversed script after the jump


//
https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I sorta like the zombie trend as some sort of symbolic embrace of our collective geekiness and/or the kid in all of us. Still, yeah, it is overkill (no pun intended).

I confess that I both love and am annoyed by the Asian scottsman since the point of the commercial is the contradiction...gotta eat dinner now!

Anonymous said...

OK, I wanted to finish the thought real quick...I liked the culture/ethnicity-bending, but the contradiction piece of the commercial suggests that it's a joke just like the zombie is a joke...So is Starburst subtely suggesting that people won't ever be anymore than our stereotypical expectations? I hope not, but it leaves me with that when I'd rather be left laughing at the zombie and loving the Asian Scottsman and revelling in Starburst realizing we're in a global society where that is likely to happen...maybe that's what they meant. I dunno :)