BET 2009-10 season was the best in its history
As BET celebrates its 30th anniversary, the network announced record breaking ratings. According to Nielsen Media Research, the 2009-10 season was the No.1 season in network history, making it the second consecutive season to post strong viewership gains.
Key highlights from the season include:
- The 2009-10 season ranked No.1 in BET history;
- This is the second consecutive season to post audience gains;
- Every quarter in the 2009-10 season posted year-over-year audience gains;
- BET maintains its position as the No.1 ad-supported cable network among black households for five consecutive seasons and the No.1 ad-supported cable network among blacks 18-49 for 10 consecutive BET seasons; and
- The Network ranks among the top five growth networks among black viewers and is among the top 15 growth networks among adults 18-49.
BET's original series continue to gain momentum both within their respective franchise and on cable. According to Nielsen Media Research, THE MO'NIQUE SHOW, which debuted last season, became the No.1 late night variety show on television among blacks.
During the second quarter of 2010, SUNDAY BEST season three was the No.1 Sunday 2Q10 original series on cable among blacks averaging a whopping one million black viewers, making it the only 2Q10 cable original series averaging over one million black viewers.