Pages

Now Levi's tries to get ahead of the curves


A few days ago we saw Old Navy getting their curve on and now we see Levi's offer its hypothesis of hip. It's amazing how scientific these denim hipsters are getting. Everyone really wants a good fit today and these brands are going to give it to us. Or are they? I still don't see the curvy women in these promotions. I would imagine that black, latin, white curvy women would be an industry influencing demo you wouldn't want to over look. I know I can't over look them, why would you want to? From booty readers to booty meters, who needs either? Do they fit your hips?





// https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

6 comments:

Jamil Buie said...

Great post. It's a shame that it's taken so long for an American standard like Levi to build to the mass not to the model. While I still doubt they have the cut dialed in for all women of color I am happy that they are trying.

Jennifer said...

Yeah, what's up with this? We need someone to come out with a definition of "curvy". I feel an attempt to redefine it and rather than changing who they pay to wear they're stuff. It's a insulting and the lack of diversity in the models...bleh. I prefer GAP jeans, but if they come out with one of these booty deals...let's just not even go there.

The Audacity of Color said...

Ads that speak to curves, but depict images of slim white women are showing a clear disconnect. These brands should rethink the strategy on who they're trying to reach. They'd go a long way if they diversified the people in the creative.

Anonymous said...

I'm white and I have hips that don't lie. I never buy Levis because when the jeans fit around the waist, they're too tight around the thighs, and vice versa.

I see a lot of companies writing "curvy, extra, extra, curvy" in their ads.. it's just a gimmick. Curvy is the word de jour and they will use it for everything it's worth.

Thanks for a great blog. I enjoy it immensely.

Drawtist_P said...

I'll stick to makeyourownjeans.com, thanks. At least I'll have jeans that REALLY fit my every curve.

Stan said...

so funny how whenever the subject of "curves" comes up concerning clothes or lingerie, we still see White women who are probably 5'9 and 125lbs represented. Where are the women of color??

I'm not looking for fat girls, just women that are actually a little hippyer,someone who needs help buying jeans off the rack, not like these women