Pages

The Black Hulk Revisited

by 
Last year I wrote a post about the possibility of a Black Hulk. It was all comedy because I kinda figured that no one would really publish the Hulk as an angry Black man. It seemed kind of redundant. I mean, if there's a Black Hulk then what happens to Luke Cage? Now it seems that Marvel Comics has decided to...in their Ultimate Universe Comics. The issue in question, ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS 2 #3, written by Mark Millar,  is not out yet but the cover is. I'd be interested in hearing what you think about an African-American Hulk. Doesn't he kind of look like a cross between Mr. T and Luke Cage in this picture?
It also looks like half the Ultimate Avengers are African-American now.




















https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

2 comments:

Ken Hamm said...

As an avid comic reader myself, I was ready to call bullshit on these shenanigans. Then I read the comic. *Spoilers* The black hulk turns out to be Bruce Banner's British Mentor. Severely handicapped, both he and Banner were searching for solutions to their less than spectacular physiques. Of course, once Black Hulk got his body right, he's all about bitches, cars, money, clothes, and the overly occasional acts of violence.

Craig said...

all the usual stereotypes. check.