Pages

Preview – BET’s “Black Panther” Superhero Series


...with Kerry Washington, Alfre Woodard, Jill Scott and Djimon Hounsou (TV)
By Tambay, on January 26th, 2010

From my inbox… As was announced last year,Reginald Hudlin, & BET Networks have been working on bringing the Marvel Comics’ Black Panthersuperhero series to your TV screens.

Eight episodes have apparently already been produced, and begun airing last week in Australia. Is there a strong Black Panther following amongst Australians that I’m just not aware of?

No word on when the series will come to the USA, but I’d guess it’ll be very soon.

Below are the opening credits to the cartoon series which features the voice talents ofKerry Washington, Alfre Woodard, Jill Scott and Djimon Hounsou as T’Challa, the Black Panther.


Mookie n 'Nem say...

Black is beautiful.

Black is powerful.

Black is graceful.

Black is love.

Black is cool.

Black is intelligent.

Black is a king.

Black is new birth.

Black is a superhero.

Black is the Black Panther.

Black is BET trying to regain our respect.

Power to the People!

Right on!










Previewed @ Shadow & Act
https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

5 comments:

Derek Walker said...

I'm not sure about the following "down under" but my sons and I have been reading the Black Panther for a while! My collection of comic books dates back to the 1960's.

The latest is Black Panther book is one of the best storylines in comic books. If you get the opportunity pick up some back issues and enjoy.

Wow, I may have to watch BET. I wonder if Huey from the Boondocks will forgive me?

Craig said...

Derek,
I was really surprised to hear this is playing in Australia already. BET, Australia... OK. I've been a less than avid follower of The Black Panther since I was a kid so I'm very happy to see this come out. I've noticed the the Black Panther is a woman and T"Challa is a king in exile these days.

But I would still love to read a lot more of these books/graphic novels.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

shaun. said...

nice. i love the blackpanther comic series.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I dream the collection should prepare more info then it has.