Pages

Poster – This Is It Michael Jackson



thisisitmovie01.jpg

(I like how the negative space at his feet forms sort of a crown)



This Is ItSony’s Michael Jacksondocudrama, will be released next month – a fact that still boggles my mind.
The man only recently died, and a short few months later, a celluloid document of his last performance will hit theaters – on October 28thspecifically, as the poster states.
I’m torn; I want the film to be successful, if only for MJ’s fans (a large club of which I’m a member); yet, a part of me wants it to fail, as a demonstration of the public’s disapproval of Sony’s exploitation of his death, for profit!
Will I see it? Ya know… I’m not so sure. It feels too soon. It’ll be a game-time decision for me.
How about you?
https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

6 comments:

FilthyGrandeur said...

my mind also boggles at the amount of people cashing in on his death so soon after it occurring. speaking as someone who was devastated when MJ passed, I find this sort of capitalization very insensitive. i probably won't pay to see it. i'll wait for the bootleg.

Craig said...

FG, HAAAAAAAAAAAA- HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, LOL!
I feels you, that's a good compromise! LOve your little wayne post.

FilthyGrandeur said...

lol (and thanks! i'm glad you liked it).

Keli said...

The positive is that this film will allow his estate to earn more money, meaning more money for his children.

Ego Trippin said...

If This Is It, Sony’s Michael Jacksondocudrama, scores 70, or above on the rating and reviews Web site Metacritic.com, that will indicate that the movie was thoughtfully and respectfully made and I'll see it.

Unknown said...

I don't know that I'll go see it either... I agree that it's too soon.