Pages

BET Awards 2009: Jamie Foxx












I wish I knew who did the crushing artwork for this campaign. For years they have been stepping up their game, at least in the graphics department and this year is no exception in that trend. I've scoured the internegs looking for the guilty design shop. But they must be in hiding. The curvilinear figures along with the bright and blended mottled watercolor motif bring a welcome freshness to the BET imagery.


cred:
I gotta know...
**UPDATE**
The Design work is done by the BET inhouse design department (You guys are k-k-killing it!) https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This looks like it's based off some of the art work I purchased from a New York Based Artist called, "One 9".

Anonymous said...

KUDUS to the art department for coming up with that retro, handmade, real artwork style. The graphics feels true to a multi culture attitude. You guys deserve an award for brin' it.

Power to the people - art department people.

Saludos,
A BIG CHIHUAHUA (bigchi.com)

andrea said...

WHAAAAAAATTT?? In-house did this?? Very interesting and shocking. So why does everything else on the network look sub-par?

BTW I think the graphics were probably the most interesting part of the show. The subtle animations of the flourishes coming in and out was very beautiful and i liked that the graphic colors were on a gray textured bkgd.

Craig said...

A, I know they had me all excited about the show... and then... well, the show.