Pages

Pepsi: Throwback


This is a funky little diddy for Pepsi featuring a heavy 70's soul, dare I say, SoulTain influence. The spot drops some fun vibrant motion graphics and great boogie-down imagery of the past. I think they also dropped a shot of my Mama rocking an afro and doing a SoulTrain line all by herself. Is this to compensate for the new logo debacle? You know really only the advertising and design community are the hate purveyors on that issue, because the sales are up. Go figure. I've been anticipating a "Coke Classic" return to the funk and Poof, there it is! Don Cornelius would say, "its a stone gas, honey!"




cred:
BBDO?? I don't know, Fo Sho. https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

3 comments:

Clyde Smith said...

That's pretty cool!

Mining the past is where it's at.

Fun fact: I played Don Cornelius in a very bad skit for a very bad Junior High School acting class.

Melanin deficiency be damned!

Clyde Smith said...

Note: That would have been around '72 or '73 said grandpa!

3L said...

How come I don't see these commercials on TV? If more commercials were like this I would not be reaching for the remote every break.