Pages

HOW MANY MULTI/CULTURAL CREATIVES HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS? (Newer post below)



**UPDATE** Please visit The Marcus Graham Project

I understand times are hard. I know everybody is feeling the pain right about now. I've seen quite a few lose their jobs and I want do something. There is something we can do. I've heard of someone starting a blog for unemployed creatives. I've also heard of someone asking corporations to "gift" one job to unemployed creatives. Maybe we can put our heads together and come up with something.

"African American unemployment rates for January 2009 were at 12.6% and rising. That was two moths ago."

So get at me; here (leave a comment), email me or hit me off-line. Let's put some of that creative energy to work and see what we can come up with.

Yes, you too, don't be bashful, just leave a comment. Don't be a lurker, we see your IP address, we know your out there.

We really need your help too. Give us a shout. Let's do something about this diversity gap.


We are looking for ideas.

P.S. Success comes in all colors. (See evidence below)


Even in advertising. https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

8 comments:

shaun. said...

lol, we see your ip address. you are a trickster.

im unemployed. i want to play.

Craig said...

Shaun you are one of the main reasons I wanted to see if we could collectively make something happen. Any top of mind ideas?

Stan said...

That was the original intent of my blog, but I couldn't help myself, let alone someone else who was more successful than me

I'm game

L. Christopher Steffens said...

Perhaps in this time where Obama is calling for service, the creative energy can be used to help Social Change initiatives. How about a campaign to inspire energy efficiency in our communities? Black Fatherhood? Breast Cancer Awareness? HIV/AIDS?

-OR-

Creating a consortium of professionals and a database for these individuals as freelance professionals.

I'm currently working on putting the infrastructure together to accomplish both, so if interested I would enjoy furthering the dialogue.

Craig said...

L.C.S. That sounds interesting. We must discuss further.

Wardlaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wardlaw said...

Let's plan the round table discussion about building a new brand. We need product. Let's get the best ideas & create the creative brief, pitch it to the masses & sell it. Maybe even offer to work on brands that have slipped in popularity. Snatch & Grab Mode Again!

Anonymous said...

1. Organize
2. Create
3. Pitch
4. Sell
5 Take Control of our own destiny