Pages

Coca-Cola: Future History Makers






Coca-Cola produces a heart warming visual piece for Black History Month. The psuedo-spoken word copy is a tad cliche by format only. Because really, I said, because really... we still need to hear isht like that. Sometimes we as advertising professionals get a lil caught up in our own world. We say things like that's been done before (I know I'm guilty, I started a whole blog on that sh*t). But to that ten year old kids who reads it (and doesn't remember the one you worked on in "97") or an adult for that matter, those "lyrics" can be quite inspiring.

"Coca-Cola is using the star power of NBA All Star, LeBron James, platinum selling R&B artist Musiq Soulchild and acclaimed artist Kadir Nelson to deliver an uplifting message to African American consumers. The message, “BE LEGENDARY,” “BE DRIVEN,” “BE GIVING” and “BE HEARD,” is communicated through a print campaign that inspires the human spirit through four striking contemporary illustrations with original poetry. This year’s program is part of the Company’s new “Open Happiness” integrated marketing campaign by reinforcing the special connection that exists between consumers and its brands."


I really dig the Kadir Nelson illustration with throw-back Harlem Renaissance Aaron Douglas styled images imposed onto the superior figure ground. I see you Kadir... with the whole past, present, future juxtaposition thang, I get dat. Yeah you got down on that right thuur. https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If no one has said it yet, I definitely have to say thanks for keeping us up to speed on all of the latest Black History Month creative. I'm basically depending on you for what is in the market. Thanks.

And I'm feeling these Coke ads.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Coke does it again. What agency?

HighJive said...

Damn, dude, I'm gonna have to stop posting ads - you're doing a better job of it than me. However, I had planned - and still intend to - post and discuss these particular gems. You make some valid and decent points, but... Well, just wait until I post on them. Later.

Craig said...

HJ. There would be no KMBA without MultiCultClassics!!! Believe it!!! (Not just because I steal half the ads from you) Because you put a foot squarely in their swollen pompous arrogant asses. (Not everybody just the ones that deserve it) I'm more on the creative side of the fence. The conditions keep pushing me over into the political side.

Wardlaw said...

hey, FOLK, keep up the dope ads that ya'll fellows are posting on dis'here blog. this is some funky fresh new-schoolly way to bring what's HOT'TOE'DEAF out d'here in dis' black advo'tiseing world & dis'is real talk!
holla@yerboi.