Pages

Black Ad Creator Series Part I





Jayanta Jenkins: The Prince of Advertising

I post a lot of ads here by Nike. I'm always intrigued by the insight and understanding they seem to have consistently. Well there's a reason for that. They have smart people behind the scenes digging ideas up. One of the smart people is Jayanta Jenkins. Their are all kinds of smarts, book smart, emotional smarts, cultural smarts, athletic intelligence, artistic/aesthetic intelligence, etc. This brother wraps them all up and plays them like instruments in a band, hence the Prince (think Purple Rain) analogy. We are boundless in our abilities and Jayanta displays that with flair. His work is a quintessential example of African American diversity of thought and talent.









Here Jayanta shows there is no color to a good idea. For me personally it's just always good to know we are out there doing it at every level.



More here. https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

6 comments:

Wardlaw said...

Spectacular work! We all need to hang out more with the real visionaries & find more ways to go out & hunt the woolly mammoth. So I can get my box of crayons back!

shaun. said...

just an fyi, those nike "enjoy the weather" print ads are what got me into art direction. never knew the guy behind the scenes was black.


true inspiration.

Craig said...

shaun, levalentino, that's really deep. That's why we do this. I bet you guys are both inspiring other young cats to get in the game and change things. No Jordan, No LeBrons. No MLK, No Obama. Now get out there and change the game.

raafi said...

Thanks for this post, Craig. I always wonder who's behind the campaigns, and what people of color are out there doing general market stuff.

Craig said...

raafi, this was very interesting to me as well. I have a few more in the cue. keep an eye out for them.

Anonymous said...

good to see stuff like this, craig. nice to get the "i may be the only one at this agency, but not in the industry" reminder every now and then. :)