Pages

Art by Michael Ray Charles









"You've got to think of how these images were used in American culture...they were everywhere and they were used to market anything from oils to ink, from food products to clothing...People operate from an emotional place when they see these images because they think of the past as being something that happened and that the concepts don't linger. But these concepts continue to affect us in many ways, in modern concepts of advertising as well as in contemporary advertisements."
- Michael Ray Charles





//

https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw these I wasn't sure if theses images were a critique from/of modern day. I thought 'surely there isn't a company somewhere in the world still puttin this poison out there' (even though there could well be...somewhere)


As art, I don't fully 'get' the various messages but I can admit to feeling like the "Servin with a smile" piece, each time I packed some ungreatfull b***es grocery bag back when I was a checkout girl with big dreams.

Now, hurry up and post su'm new so I don't need to look at it in my Top Sites line-up!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

I love this work!