Embracing Diversity in Advertising
Date: April 19, 2011
Where: Howard University, Blackburn Center, 2397 6th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20059
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 (Film and Panel held in the Forum with a dessert reception immediately following in the Gallery Lounge)
Please RSVP to: DiversityinAdvertising@gmail.com
We will be showcasing the documentary: POP The Pursuit of Passion: Diversity in Advertising. After the film, a panel of Advertising professionals will speak of their experiences in the Advertising and Marketing field. The moderator, Singleton Beato, will lead them with the following questions:
- How did you get started in advertising?
- Why did you want to be in advertising and why is it worth it?
- What was your path into the advertising industry; which schools, ad agency vs. non-traditional journey?
- When did you know you wanted to work in advertising?
- What's the biggest hurdle to get into the industry?
- What’s your Passion about what you do everyday?
- What words of wisdom can you share with anyone who wants to work in this field?
- Rick Byko, Managing Director, VCU Brandcenter
- Marcellies Pettiford, Associate Media Planner, SEM, LM&O Advertising
- Kendria Perry, Account Management Supervisor, LM&O Advertising
- Minki Kim, LM&O Lead Graphic Designer, LM&O Advertising
- Favio Martinez, Marketing and Research Chief, Inter-American Development Bank
- Myra Williams, Media Account Director, Arnold/MPG
- Imani Sanders, Account Executive, Arnold Advertising (Howard University Graduate, Former MAIP Intern)