Pages

Afrobella to Kohls; We need to talk!

Ah, Halloween a time of mischief and mirth and unabashed racist themes galore. For the better part of October mockery is the order of the day. Far be it from Kohls to miss the festivities. Black people are easy targets with their funny ways and their almost alien culture and hair. Let's all just wig out!

This crap is ridiculous! What year is this? I saw this at the brilliant Afrobella.com where she gave them a lil piece of her mind and suggested they have a lil talk.  Kohls after you get off the line with Afrobella, give me a ring, would ya? Ready your censors along with the ten-second delay and bleep button.

Picked out @ Afrobella


Gotta go old school booty on this one! They receive the highly coveted quintuple booty award on this one


UPDATE: KOHLS has removed the "Ghetto Fab Wig" from their online store. Behold the power of the booty!

People LOVE their hair! More than ever and this was insensitive and wrong.

// https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

5 comments:

jewelry Rockstar said...

sooo my 'fro is ghetto fab, oh thanks kohl I didn't know that's what you thought. Note to self: stay my ass up out of kohl's.

Mr. Clyde said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enpFde5rgmw&feature=player_embedded

Have you seen the video above yet pretty affirming video. Anyhow curly hair is not a costume accessory.

Craig said...

Thanks RJ I posted that video at the bottom of that post. (right where it belongs)

Neems said...

Have you thought of contacting the manufacturer of the wig? They are the ones that named the product ghetto fab. I did some research and it looks like it comes from California Costumes.

Craig said...

Thanks Neems. No I haven't thought of that. But Kohls markets directly to my and many other ethnic people in America. If this advertisement would have been seen on their site first the results may have been different.

I think Kohl's holds a greater responsibility.