Pages

TMobile: Road Trip



The new T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide comes with the Genius button. Just press it and tell the phone what you want. Like magic, you can find the nearest ice cream parlor, outlet malls & your daddy.

It seems to be making waves about the ethnicity of the father (whether he is black or not) and if this is a new frontier in advertising featuring an interracial family with a black woman. They end the spot with, "It's how family's stick together." I do think it would be an interesting choice for casting. But no more interesting than real life in the real world, which we should be advertising to any ways. 

Now, for me personally, I don't think it matters what color the "Dad" is. A family is a family. But at a close glance, thanks to the marvels of HD youtube, he appears to be a very light-skinned black man. Not that it matters.




Special shout to K. Q. for sending this.







.
https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

T-Mobile is not progressive enough to show interracial couples. It’s just a casting call. On the other hand, there’s a Dentyne spot (can’t find it online) with a Black dude kissing a White chick. That’s actually pretty unconventional.

Anonymous said...

The daughter is kinda light-skinned too. At least they didn't show the family at the ice cream shop with Dad eating vanilla and Mom and son having chocolate.

Lee said...

Craig!

Love what you're doing w/your blog. We need to touch base some time soon...

Regarding the ad...
I first saw this a few days ago. I thought the dad looked white, but just figured I wasn't paying attention.

I think showing multiracial families would be an interesting direction, but I also think it would require more casting thought than I think most agencies are willing to undertake.

Craig said...

Lee, give me a shout whenever.

C.

K.Q. said...

Thanks for posting up my contribution. The dad has an accent which I do not believe is intentional but I do not think he is black or maybe the point was that he is what everyone wants him to be since he is racially ambiguous.

Craig said...

KQ, it sounds a bit like a northeastern accent. But I think thats a black dude, maybe even bi-racial.