Pages

Old Spice:




Funny Old Spice commercials, that use a lot of Black talent. Good for the actors getting work. I hope it sells product.

I have heard comments that this is the advertising industries way of feigning a more diverse atmosphere. By hiring more black actors and there seems to be a push of late, they can ease their guilt of mostly non-diverse shops. Don't get me wrong I love to see people of all colors in ads, as it is the way the world looks, But I would love even more to see people of all colors making those ads.




File this under random rant, e.i. rantom. https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

2 comments:

FilthyGrandeur said...

i agree with your comments regarding these ads--however i can do without the hatred of all things not manly. that and the assumption that women like shiny things and tickets to non-manly things. basically--"i'll make my woman happy by being super manly and not a lady!"

so yeah, we have diversity (used loosely here), but in the old reinforcing the hypermasculinity of black men. not sure how progressive i consider these to be with this in mind.

Stan said...

I love this new campaign. I'm always complaining about our lack of presence in commercials. This is Will Ferrell style comedy and I'm glad theres a Black actor doing it