Pages

Marge Simpson, Playboy & You.



Here is the original rendition of the now infamous Marge Simpson Playboy cover due out in November '09. Leave it to me to make a mountain out of this mole hill, but why they gotta rip the sisters cover? (I kid). I think it's cool. I love the original though. You know I started this blog because I wasn't seeing enough of me or like me in the design and advertising space, at least not enough that I liked. But as I go deeper I'm discovering as Black people around the world & African Americans we are so indelibly linked to American culture and world culture it is almost impossible to not find our connections, inspiration, influence and involvement in virtually every aspect of American life. We go hard –– we go deep.

https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

The original is beautiful *can't believe I"m saying that about a Playboy cover*, the Marge one is cool too.

I like your statement about where this journey is leading you. I wish more people could see the connections and perhaps see the need to redefine what American culture means.

Craig said...

Thanks Jennifer! You made my day!

shaun. said...

"But as I go deeper I'm discovering as Black people around the world & African Americans we are so indelibly linked to American culture and world culture it is almost impossible to not find our connections, inspiration, influence and involvement in virtually every aspect of American life. We go hard –– we go deep."


you better preach!

Ricardo Reyes said...

Maybe Matt Groening owned that issue in his youth

Craig said...

Ricardo, LOL, I think you're right.

Jewelry Rockstar said...

I love the first one, plus I admire Marg's courage for showing more than just her housewife side. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Greetings im fresh to this. I stumbled upon this board I have found It very helpful & it has helped me loads. I should be able to contribute & help other people like its helped me.

Cheers all, Catch You Later.