Pages

Cheerio's: Grandpa & Grandson


This is my favorite commercial – right now – hands down. It's just so damn ADORABLE! Not ground breaking – earth shattering award winning... just hella cute. They let the actors have fun with the premise and didn't try and force any "Black" misconceptions on them. End product: Bowl loads of cute.

There's a longer 30 second version out there somewhere. It gives me more smile per second. I'll find it – I'm on the hunt. Let me know if you see it somewhere. Yes you. There's nobody else here. Help a brotha out.













cred:

Saatchi & Saatchi
(I think, hey saachi guys a lil help here. who's the cd, ad, copywriter etc.)
https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

7 comments:

upfromsumdirt said...

first of all: how daggone ticked off am i that i didnt think of the title KMBA myself?!?!? i really feel like i'm slackin' now...

but, yeah... we have tivo and will stop and rewind every tv ad featurin' black folks - ESPECIALLY BABIES WITH AFROS! it's a beautiful addiction!

Craig said...

upfromsumdirt, see your like me. hard a** name softie on the inside. babies with afros LOLOLOLOL!

FilthyGrandeur said...

oh i just love this ad. it gives me smilies every time i see it. i also like the generation gap being played here as well, with the baby and the grandpa bonding over cheerios. omg so cute!!!

andrea said...

i saw this and fell in love. there is something so special and sweet about their connection that is often unseen in ads with African-American actors. i'm with you, i so love this commercial.

Anonymous said...

Sigh my son auditioned for this ad AND got a call back but alas didn't get it (he was 18 mos and still has seperation anxiety AND I had to wake him up from a nap during the call back audition - a toddler no no). BUT the interesting thing - they had him audition with White Grandfathers (my son is light skin with a big afro). I thought that was "different"... Love the spot too but sigh when I see it :-P

Anonymous said...

Craig, so this is not a grandpa and grandson in real life? They found two unrelated actors for this commercial? I ask cause someone I know is sure that these two are real grandpa & grandson, said they look exactly alike. I agree they look a lot alike, but it doesn't mean they are actually related like that - it's TV after all. Do you know for sure?

Craig said...

Anon, I'm not completely sure if they are related or not. I had a source tell me they where not. But hey what do they/we know.