Pages

Review – Precious “A Work Of Art” (Toronto Film Festival Screening)


By Tambay, on September 13th, 2009


(Yet another bangin' poster)
John Foote from In Contention was present for a screening of Precious at the ongoing Toronto International Film Festival, and he called it, simply, “a work of art,” praising Lee Daniels’ direction, calling it “a masterpiece,” and “this year’s best film;” he also lauded the perfomances, carrying on the chant calling for lead actressGabourey Sidibe to be nominated in the “Best Actress” category when awards season rolls around!
read more about how precious you really are @ Shadow & Act
https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

4 comments:

wild cowgirl said...

oh wow...such an important blog!

Craig said...

Aw thanks WC! That means everything! It's that virgo energy! nah'mean.

Anonymous said...

John who!? I mean if it was Roger Ebert who praised Precious as the best film of the year, I'd go along with it. If it was A.O. Scott, I'd be all over it. If it was even the overzealous Harry Knowles, my interest would be peaked. But John Foote? I won't hold my breath.

Still, The New York Times did hail lead actress Gabourey Sidibe's role as a breakthrough performance (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/movies/13durbin.html?pagewanted=all) so I'm keeping hope alive.

-Ego Trippin

Craig said...

ET, well I like the poster. But the director is the same director that was heavily praised and the cast won oscars for monster's ball.