Pages

Tyler Perry's Bad All By Myself: Posters


Taraji P. Henson is ripping up all kinds of troubled sultry on this the second (or third) teaser poster for Tyler Perry's latest comedic romp de cinema.


Somehow the design team manages to rip all kinds of troubled design ideas from Peckinpah’s Straw Dogs. I read that it may be an "homage" (pronounced all fancy without the 'H'). If by "homage" you mean; blatantly rip-off a great idea, water it down and serve it up to another market who probably have never seen it before, then this my friend is an homage of the highest caliber. Careers have been built on this brand of shiftiness, present company included. I still like it for this market.




I think this is the original poster for the movie below.




...and now the attitudinal, situational, confessional, spiritual, Tyler Perryful trailer.


Tyler knows how to get a large segment of Black folks to the movies, post haste –– Don't hate!



Seen @ Tambay's house Shadow and Act https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

7 comments:

Bri said...

Just came by to say I'm enjoying your blog...found you over on Woman of Colour

Bri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig said...

IMEC, thank you! Very kind of you!

ill Mami said...

When it comes to Tyler Perry, iCan't. He reinforces every stereotype there is that Black women always need to be saved by a man.

Sorry to threadjack, but I had to say that. On another note, Taraji looks great. I need to hire her personal trainer :-)

Craig said...

Mami, true indeed. All those mus-culs you got, you don't need no trainer.

Anonymous said...

Hasn't he done this before with other movie posters or was it another... Precious? Some other looked like a older movie poster... I need gingko I forget LOL!

Craig said...

I can try. but I can't stop the hate. LOL, shaun, dude you are cracking me up!