Pages

Photographer: Hannan Saleh







I may have a new favorite photographer Hannan Saleh's work is enthralling! She conjures deeply emotive imagery that uses blurs and harsh washes of grain. It would be interesting see more edgy photography used in ethnic advertising. I think I've seen Cliff Franklin's very smart Fuse agency use photography like this. But that's about it. Any-who this lady does really nice work.


"Photography is stronger than words.It is a visionary voice that takes you to a place and time. With my photographs,I try to bring out the truest essence of my subjects.
My inspiration comes from the people i photograph and their reality;whether it be a beautiful cultural environment or the harshness of urban landscapes."




http://www.hannansaleh.com https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

3 comments:

Stan said...

Wow. There are so many ways to express yourself through photography. The over saturated colors and dark shadows that plague my work look beautiful in hers. I love that portrait second from the last.

MaraudingCat said...

I am absolutely drawn to this work. It is so eclectic in style. Beautiful, very alluring. Would love to see it in a show.

Anonymous said...

The fourth image is stunning.