Pages

Ad Fad: Mime




Every now and then ad agencies lose their minds and begin with a rash of serial advertisements that they just can't seem to help themselves. It's like when Frat-boys go wild or something, an inside joke that's not even funny to the insiders. I don't think they are copying each other but, it is weird how often it happens. We've seen gnomes and bears and oh yeah, there's always poorly used exaggerated ebonics to take the place of humor (I know you not puttin' no yak up in my weave). It seems the latest "Trending Topic" is the lovable misunderstood mime.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
--George S. Patton Jr.,
World War II general https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen gospel miming? Look that up.

Craig said...

Bam, That is called Liturgical dancing! It's a deep African American cultural tradition. How in the world do you know about that????

Craig said...

Well, it's like Liturgical dance anyways.

Mimi (Mae) said...

Right...I used to do liturgical dance, but I most def. did not mime....mimes are a little creepy to me...