Pages

Lee Daniels' "Precious" Triumphs at Cannes



The Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey associated film is the winner of three awards at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival, including the Grand Jury Prize and Audience Award in the U.S. Dramatic Competition, Lee Daniel's "Precious" won a standing ovation at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday where it played to an enthusiastic crowd. Screening in the festival's Un Certain Regard sidebar, Daniels is in the running for the Un Certain Regard prize for new film talent.

See, Tyler Perry is a very smart brother who knows how to widen his appeal. I know some have differences with TP's movies and subject matter but the dude is making sh*t happen. https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

3 comments:

3L said...

I'm so proud of Tyler. It is nice to see him making so many good choice with his career and taking risk. There are so many films that don't say anything significant. So many stories that go untold that leave discrimination and bullying of certain people acceptable or justified. My heart goes out to these characters and I have not seen the movie.

Ego Trippin said...

Ha,

It looks like "Precious" could be the best movie Tyler Perry never directed.

Craig said...

I feels ya LLnL, I already know these people and want to see their story. I still maintain Tyler aint no fool.

E.T. LOL I repeat, T.Perry aint no fool. He knows where the dollars are and I suspect he knows where to find a golden globe and an oscar or two as well.