Pages

Chris Rock: Good Hair vs. Bad Hair


When Chris Rock’s daughter, Lola, came up to him crying and asked, “Daddy, how come I don’t have good hair?” the bewildered comic committed himself to search the ends of the earth and the depths of black culture to find out who had put that question into his little girl’s head! Director Jeff Stilson’s camera followed the funnyman, and the result is Good Hair, a wonderfully insightful and entertaining, yet remarkably serious, documentary about African American hair culture.

https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

6 comments:

Marthe Rudstaden said...

Cant wait to see this documentary with my daughters!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad he did this! So needed. It's been on my list of things I'd love to do...to document the issues of hair and skin color too. This is awesome.

Anonymous said...

This is going to make Rock a ton of money but I can also see where dude could get backlash big time if he doesn't handle the subject matter like it was a tender-headed child.

3L said...

I'm looking out for this one. I love good documentary and I have a lot of respect for Chris Rock.

Aron Ranen said...

There is another BLACK HAIR documentary that examines the Korean Take-over of the Black Beauty Supply Industry. Kinda like Madame CJ Walker in REVERSE!

The entire film is posted for free at this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p96aaTSdrAE

3 minute trailer and website to purchase the film is at
http://www.blackhairdvd.com

Get Togetha said...

Thanks for posting the poster pic...

Very interesting. That child's eyes look so innocent.