Pages

Music I'd Like To See in a Commercial: Part VIII: Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears




There is something about rock and roll when black people take back their heritage and sound. I know I'm a little partial, but I really get a whole other degree of appreciation for the genre in capable black hands. Now I get the Radio Head and Sigur Ros brand of rock too, but give me Hendrix, Living Colour, 80's Prince or even Van Hunt in a sonic rage any day. It's the visceral as opposed to the mental sound. It is also the deep thought concept of rock put into action and then worked the funk over until it screams, then dies unto itself and bleeds the pure dope. Drip, drip, drip... Enter Black Joe Lewis.

Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears is a multi-cultural band and may be a bit too rocky for some taste but I am talking about for commercial use. So what are we talking here 30 seconds, 60 if you're real lucky. It may as well be an energetic 30 - 60 seconds.

The video is real purdy too.

More funky found here. https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

2 comments:

Style Noir said...

Damn, you're good.

Craig said...

You are very kind. ;-)