Pages

Browse, Brother, Browse

THE BLACKBIRD BROWSER



"Blackbird was developed on the simple proposition that we, as the African American community, can make the Internet experience better for ourselves and, in doing so, make it better for everyone. Primarily we believe that the Blackbird application can make it easier to find African American related content on the Internet and to interact with other members of the African American community online by sharing stories, news, comments and videos via Blackbird."


https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

3 comments:

shaun. said...

so...I can type in Black Barber shop and this internet browser should be able to make that connection no matter where I am in the country.

I ask because I tried the exact same thing when I lived in Chicago with explorer/google and i was very unsuccessful.

Or am I asking too much?

Anonymous said...

This is a good idea but seems to be really funny in it's implementation...I think it could be better used as a widget....But seriously, we as African Americans create, react to and even drive the 'net with content and traffic (i.e. I remember that there was BlackPlanet way before everyone started Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and anything else in the social networking boom) but to have a browser that concentrates only on us...sounds fishy to me...And further more what's up with the lack of Apple OS X support...only for WIndows XP/Vista...What's up with that?

Craig said...

a widget would be smart! or a firefox add on.