Pages

I like Tyler Perry's movie...





...Posters! Mostly the teaser posters. Movies issue early version of film advertisements that are often stunning. After they get you all lathered up, they dumb it down and release the lame all over you (Super soak that Oooooh!) I'm not a fan of the T.P. movies so much. But, there is a place, an audience and a purpose for what he does. He directs them at a very specific audience (let's call them colored evangelicals, for lack of a better term) and it works. He makes tons of loot. As "commercial artists we should understand and laude his success. Plus, plus the brother just built a big ass movie studio in the hood... by my house, down the skreet. That's how we say it; skreet. https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

3 comments:

shaun. said...

"colored evangelicals"
lol...you are so right about this.

i went to see "the family that preys" (against my will), and this poster is perhaps the best thing about the entire movie.

oh...and Senae Lathan, of course.

Craig said...

I don't think I've ever seen any of these movie posters which I'm impressed with. AZ is not big on advertising films portraying 'colored evangelicals'. I have seen one of his movies though-not a fan.

From
T.Allen-Mercado

Craig said...

Sorry about that, T.Allen-Mercado