Pages

MTV poster




This posters for MTV shows great illustration style, incredible hand drawn type and the much loved often maligned afro! Is it getting over used? Nah, I still love it. Anybody who's tired of it didn't have a beautiful mother or father who rocked one back in the day. So cliche, maybe, classic certainly! Ok, it's new term time... Classic Cliche... ughn! There you have it. I'm not above cliches any how, I'll be damned if that aint a tired ass/inspired ass – black power fist in my logo... ughn!!


cred:
Advertising Agency: Ogilvy Cape Town, South Africa
Creative Directors: Jonathan Beggs, Gerry Human
Art director: Suzanne Jenner
Copywriter: Trevor Sacks
Illustration: Am I Collective https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

1 comment:

Robert Trujillo/Tres said...

I Agree, this poster design is hella raw. I know that collective too. Sindiso Nyoni-a super talented artist works for them!Thx 4 posting...
-Rob