Pages

Apartheid Museum: Women’s Day



On the 9th of August 1956, 20,000 South African women of all races marched on the Union Buildings in Pretoria to oppose the Urban Areas Act, commonly known as the Pass Laws – legislation that required ‘non-whites’ to carry a document known as the Dom Pas which would allow them to move around, or live in ‘White South Africa’. The day is now commemorated as Women’s Day. Print from TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris, Johannesburg.




cred:
TBWA\Hunt Lascaris, Johannesburg, South Africa
Executive Creative Director: Damon Stapleton
Creative Directors: Justin Wright, Vanessa Gibson
Art Director: Justin Wright
Copywriter: David Edworthy
Photographer: Clive Stewart
Retoucher: Tebogo Suping https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

1 comment:

3L said...

Pictures can be worth far more than 1,000 words. I know I take it for granted that my life is so easy but my heart still celebrates when people can stand up and me heard.